What do they really want?

When a store clerk asks, "How are you going to pay for that, sir"?, is MONEY, the ONLY option. I keep trying to reintroduce some sort of barter system AND maybe even my own currency. You know, jelly beans, shoe laces ... that kind of stuff. But usually, all I get for my troubles are weird looks and attitude. Hey, Look, if all they are willing to accept is money, then that should simply say, "How are you going to give me your money, sir?" ... Let's be upfront about this stuff people ... there is no need for all this confusion.

Last week, I was fortunate enough to have a freshly minted $20 bill. I tried to get $21 for it on the basis, it was brand new, AND not second hand. Figured it had to be worth a little more. NOPE, didn't work ... had to use my best jelly beans to cover the extra dollar. 

No comments: